Thursday, October 29, 2015

Erotic. Historical. Vampire. Romance.

Oh Kingston! The vampire and world class freak from Thick Blood started out as a poor little slave boy in London. I loved doing the research for it, loved writing the steamy sex scenes, and even had a thrill with Kingston's first kill. All of that made a pretty long hashtag. #erotichistoricalvampireromance

I didn't want to just say, "Yeah, this Kingston dude was bitten by a vampire and now he digs going down on big, beautiful women." No, I wanted to get into his story. Thus, the historical fiction. As much as I felt I knew about slavery, I had to come to terms that my brain was set to: America's south, African chiefs, the Ivory Coast, Toussant, and "yeah black people live there, somebody had to build (name some place you don't expect to see a black person.)" I know my ancestors were rescued before their slave ship made it to Cuba. But I don't think I really thought of Africans enslaved in Scotland, France, or England. At least not in the same harsh way I think of how American slaves were treated. So, it was very interesting to learn how a lot of the slave traders actually got rich because the slave trade ended. Ancestors of slaves, no reparations for you; slave traders, we're so sorry ending the trade ruined your business, here's lots of money as compensation!

Well, Kingston is over 200 years old. Read Thick Blood 2 to find out how it all began, read Thick Blood to get a taste of his blood lust, and we'll wonder where Kingston is now...you just know he's going to turn up again.

No comments:

Post a Comment