Saturday, September 19, 2015

The vampire, Kingston Walker, has been on my mind lately.

The vampire, Kingston Walker, has been on my mind lately.

When I opened my Facebook account this morning, that status-hungry question was staring back at me. It asks, "What's on your mind?" The vampire, Kingston Walker, has been on my mind lately. Before I took what turned into a three year hiatus, I'd written an erotic vampire short story, "Thick Blood." As one reviewer called it a "hot sexy mess," it is a story that takes blood lust to another level.

The readers I'd interacted with during a Facebook chat one Halloween really had me, as well as my readers, wondering about Kingston's story. He talked about his seductress, his father and his father's wife. But, and I'm just talking as a reader here, not an arrogant author, Kingston just makes you want to know more about him.

It was my intention to write his story after I'd gotten my novel, Find a Penny, published. Then life got in the way...a story I may tell one day...but not today.

I read "Thick Blood" again. As fun and sexy as my girl Lavish is, Kingston is so complex. His story can't just end there. Hell, he's a vampire, HE can't end! I've enjoyed writing historical romance before and now I am looking forward to doing it again. The questions I have going through my head are: "What was Kingston's mother like?" "Did he have a girlfriend before he was turned?" "Who was this seductress lady?!!" We have a villain, his father's wife. "What did she do when she found out her attempts to kill her husband's bastard son failed?"

And those are just the questions of his turning. "What about his first bite? His first kill?" "How did he survive in a world that killed people just for being black, let alone those who'd hunted vampires?" And then there's the story about his sweet, blind wife.

This story can go in so many directions. I don't always have an end in mind when I write. (And when I do, the story usually takes over and my plans go out the window anyway.) So, I'm so excited to strap myself in and see where Kingston will take me. But don't worry, I won't keep him all to myself. Let's make a date for sometime next month, shall we?

Take some time to feed your blood lust this freakin' weekend and read, or re-read, "Thick Blood."


No comments:

Post a Comment